Things I've learned over the past year:
- Don't square-dance. Seriously - the horror, the horror!
- Don't lend friends money. They won't be your friends any more.
- Don't fill your time with trivia while you're waiting for your real life to start.
- It's better to be a flying monkey than a munchkin.
- No matter how obvious it is, never criticise a friend's romantic relationship. They'll drop you rather than admit you're right.
- Everything is easier when you have a good job.
- Be generous.
That's certainly not all I learned, but it's some highlights, to be sure.
The best part of being 36 was meeting the Pyrate Queen. I imagine she'll be the best part of being 63, too.