* When a monkey is being transported in a carrier, the monkey must be removed from the carrier by the handler prior to screening,
* The monkey must be controlled by the handler throughout the screening process.
* The monkey handler should carry the monkey through the WTMD while the monkey remains on a leash.
* When the handler and monkey go through the WTMD and the WTMD alarms, both the handler and the monkey must undergo additional screening.
* Since monkeys may likely draw attention, the handler will be escorted to the physical inspection area where a table is available for the monkey to sit on. Only the handler will touch or interact with the monkey.
* TSOs have been trained to not touch the monkey during the screening process.
* TSOs will conduct a visual inspection on the monkey and will coach the handler on how to hold the monkey during the visual inspection.
* The inspection process may require that the handler take off the monkey’s diaper as part of the visual inspection.